Löytyi! (oli: varastettu) Focus Mares CX, Red 22

Querfeldein

UPDATE: The thief (I presume) posted the bike for sale on Facebook, and user @Marko_T alerted me to it this morning. Together with the police, I made a plan and contacted the seller, pretending I wanted to buy the bike. The police (fantastic work on less than an hour's notice!) came to the sale and recovered the bike.

Two lessons here:

Firstly, If your bike is stolen, it's not hopeless. Thankfully, some thieves are not very bright. Don't try to deal with criminals yourself - the police suggested the plan for the sting, and although I met them just beforehand, close to the location of the sale, I didn't have to be present for the actually encounter.

Secondly, if you see a bike posted for sale way below its value, please don't fall for it, thinking you're getting a bargain. You're not. My bike was stolen in Helsinki, and put up for sale in Helsinki. Had someone else bought the bike, chances are, it would have been spotted sooner or later, either by myself or by a friend - in which case the buyer would have not only lost the bike, but also been liable to prosecution. For your own sake, just don't do it.

20190909_125413.jpg

Liity keskusteluun!

Voit kirjoittaa nyt ja rekisteröityä myöhemmin. Jos sinulla on jo käyttäjätunnus, kirjaudu sisään käyttäksesi tiliäsi.

Vastaa aiheeseen...

×   Olet liittänyt muotoiltua sisältöä.   Poista muotoilu

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Edellinen sisältösi on palautettu.   Poista sisältö

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Luo uusi...